Speech Therapy Sessions.
Speech Therapy Sessions from Autism Bristol
- 1:1 therapy sessions at home, school or within the community as appropriate
- Paired or small group therapy sessions, pending there are suitable group partners
At the start of the course of therapy:
- We have a “get to know you” session with you and your child. Typically, we come to your house to meet you and get to know your child in a relaxed setting.
- We will discuss the areas that you are most concerned about / want to improve.
- We may require an additional session following this to complete assessments.
- We will offer a course of therapy sessions based on the child or adults needs. These may be 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 60 minutes long.
- We will agree goals together and review them at the end of the course of therapy.
About Our Sessions
In therapy sessions:
- We will build communication around what each person needs to and wants to communicate.
- We will bring toys and games to create interaction and maintain attention.
- We will use iPads, tablets and communication apps.
- We will use signing and symbols.
- We will use play, rewards and reinforcers.
- We will target positive social interaction during each session.
Outside of the therapy sessions:
- You may have loan equipment to continue working on targets.
- You will have activities and communication strategies that are designed specifically for you and your situation.
- You will be able to call, email, text, Skype for additional support if you require it.